Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A few moments to consider that the journey that is called LIFE is not a revolutionary thing but rather evolutionary .

     In that moment that you are reading something and stumble apron a word or phrase that is unknown to you, disturbing your reading while trying to learn something, and in doing that you find out the implications will lead to the exploration of Socrates or Locke or Marx or Rousseau and you change in that instant of discovery over the simple phrase "social contract". The sense of meaning that has eluded your struggle to identify the basic failings of the society that surrounds you like an inky black darkness and you say,"SHIT, THOSE BASTARDS"……..
     Those of you whom have known me for a substantial amount of time may look at me and say "who the Fuck are you?" and I would reply, "only that which I have always been, what life has required me to become, tempered by that which I hold dear. The undeniable rights that all beings are endowed with, Life, Liberty and Property."
     I would ask you to take a moment to think about the issue of just what are, if any, the rights that all Men (I was taught the Man was the correct way to label all of humanity, I conceptualize that the same way so it is unlikely ti change during my lifetime, I apologize if some take offense but consider, if you are offended this then YOU enable that word to have power over you, it's not me.) enjoy. What and why………..So I place life as a right for obvious reasons, liberty is the same and property for slightly more convoluted reasons.
     Life is a fundamental right from which all else follows. If there is no right to life then there is only the might is right sort of rule. With a simple right like the right to life comes a huge number of necessary assumptions the most important would be that violence of any kind short of that is required to maintain life would be absolutely forbidden. Liberty is , again by necessity conditional, I am free to do as I will until my liberties eclipse someone else's liberties. Simplistic for the propose of definition only in this discussion. Property, it must follow that to have life and liberty then you must be able to be safe in the possession of property. Life requires it, food must be safe from theft or life may be negatively impacted. Many more agile minds have pondered this and I would suggest John Locke as a good start.
     What do you expect in a perfect world or society? Sit down and list them and drill down to the core of what is you due and then look around and think. Ask yourself this "is this right".  

No comments:

Post a Comment